Too many people think that exercise and fitness means going to a gym, getting on the treadmill and lifting weights. While these forms of exercise do work – and I use them 4-5 times per week – they are NOT the only ways to get fit!
I always advocate DIVERSITY and TIME EFFICIENT workouts – especially if you are a BUSY DAD! Your responsibilities are endless. For example:
* Juggling career with family
* Household chores
* Home improvement projects
* Coaching the kids
The list seems endless! No wonder you feel overwhelmed by the thought of going to the gym and exercising on a regular basis! With a short yet effective workout, you will be able to work your heart and muscles to help you achieve weight loss and keep it off!
The list seems endless!
No wonder you feel overwhelmed by the thought of going to the gym and exercising on a regular basis! With a short yet effective workout, you will be able to work your heart and muscles to help you achieve weight loss and keep it off!
Another way I encourage dad’s to get fit is through physical activities that also serve as leisure activities! These can be done with the family, alone or with friends! The use of exercise as fun and relaxation is a great way to get two important tasks done at the same time!
I always tell my clients – think outside of the box !!
What do you love to do?
What activity brings you great happiness- so much that you are forced to smile when you think about it?
You have rock climbing, horseback riding, surfing, swimming, boating, kayaking, hiking, flying trapeze, golf and tennis. The list is endless!
Maybe you like working out outside in a park during break time – feeling the morning or afternoon sun on your face! Or maybe snow shoeing in a blizzard!
These are all great ways to get fit and have FUN! You just have to follow some simple health and exercise principles I set forth for you
Are You Following the 3 “C’s” of Weight Loss Success?
There are three very important factors that MUST be present in ANY fitness plan you choose if you want to be successful in losing weight. Without the 3 “C’s” below, your attempts at health and wellness will be short lived.
1. COMMITMENT: In order to be successful at anything – you must be committed. You must make a decision on a given day that you are going to change your life, decide how you are going to change your life, understand why you want to embark on this change and go ahead and be committed to the change no matter how busy are.
Know and understand that your commitment to a healthy lifestyle- is 80% MENTAL. While you are changing your body, becoming more fit, exercising, changing the food you eat- know these are all mental changes as your mind controls your body. Without mental strength and commitment, your life change will not last.
See, I often hear clients say – “I can not!” That is not true – what they are really saying is “I do not want to.” And, that is fine. You do not have to. But let’s be honest with each other and say it like it-YOU CAN AND YOU WILL once you make up your mind to do it!
2. CONSISTENCY: After you have made your commitment to your new life change- the next element that naturally follows is consistency. You must be consistent with the changes you make in your life. You must be consistent with your healthy lifestyle to see and feel improvement. Without consistency – you are failing in your commitment to your health and your new self.
This means you must follow a healthy lifestyle for a long period of time- even if you are frustrated, tired and even cranky. Forge ahead, push on, you will feel better for it.
3. CONTROL: Finally- know this- without control, you will not be successful in your life change. When I refer to control – I am talking about the self-control you need to ensure you eat good fresh foods, lean proteins, fresh fruits, fresh veggies, and whole grains wherever you’re traveling, busy running around with your family and kids , or going from client to client. Even though it may be easier to buy a McDonald’s hamburger that will not help you with your weight loss efforts.
When I talk about control I am talking about the ability to say NO to things that take you away from achieving your weight loss goals. I am talking about the need to control the strengths in your life to ensure you have time to sleep, rest, exercise and enjoy the basic human rights of eating, resting and exercising.
Take CONTROL of Yourself and Your Life Today and Start Enjoying a New You!
So start planning, preparing and customizing your consistent fitness plan that gives you full control! And, do not forget to stay committed.