Healthy dieting habits should go hand in hand with any weight loss regimen you undertake. Dieting should be a healthy process, not one that requires you to deprive yourself of vital nutrients such as carbohydrates, essential fats, and calories. For example, you may certainly lose weight while following the Atkins diet, but ironically, in the process of trying to lose weight and become healthy, you are eating a very unhealthy diet in the process, by increasing yourself of the essential nutrition found in all the foods that contain carbohydrates. Here are some healthy diet habits that you should adopt next time you plan to lose weight:
1. Avoid processed foods. Eat organic foods whenever possible. Processed foods contain additives and chemicals that could cause cancer when consumed in excess quantity over time. Organic foods are ones that have not been meddled with in any way.
2. Eat less meat. Particularly avoid red meat.
3. Drink plenty of pure water, at least ten cups every day minimum.
4. Avoid drinking carbonated beverages. These contain sugars, and have a corrosive effect on your teeth.
5. Never eat until you are stuffed. Eat only until you are satisfied.
6. Stop eating at least 3 hours before you go to bed at night.
7. Eat 3 to 4 full, balanced meals every day.
8. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
9. Females should consume at least 25 grams of fiber and men should consume at least 38 grams of fiber every day.
10. Indulge in other forms of junk food and sweet snacks and desserts, such as nuts, beans, strawberries and watermelons instead of potato chips, cookies, and ice cream for junk food.
11. Get adequate sleep every night.
12. Do not go on a carbohydrate-restrictive diet.
13. Reduce your portion sizes.
14. Eat a variety of foods instead of the same foods every day.
15. Prepare your meals at home whenever possible rather than eating at restaurants.
Related Article: Should You Take a Nutrition Vitamin Supplements?