Proteins are fundamental components of all living cells and include many substances, such as enzymes, hormones, and antibodies that are necessary for the proper functioning of a body are essential in the diet of humans for the growth and repair of tissue and can be obtained from foods such as meat, fish, eggs, milk, and legumes.
Protein supplements are dietary supplements commonly used by those involved in bodybuilding and athletics. In practical terms the only ones who might actually benefit are top athletes training very hard, they can reach a point where they spend so much energy in training that it actually becomes difficult for them to get all the energy back through normal foods.
In addition to its muscle building properties, protein is needed:
– To keep a balanced PH level in the blood.
– For muscle tissue preservation during diet or cuts.
– As an energy source when there are no carbohydrates available.
– To build and maintain proper hormone levels.
– For necessary chemical reactions to take place.
– To keep the body’s immune system functioning properly.
– For proper regulation of the body’s fluid balance.
Bodybuilding supplements may be used to replace meals, enhance weight gain, promote weight loss or improve athletic performance. Among the most widely used are vitamin supplements, protein, branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), glutamine, essential fatty acids, meal replacement products, weight loss products and testosterone boosters. Protein powder is a ‘complete protein’ for the entire family. This provides balanced amounts of essential and non-essential amino acids vital for maintenance and rebuilding of cells and tissues.It can be mixed with a variety of food items like cereals, bread, cakes, biscuits, vegetables, salads, soups, fruit juices, milk etc.
Protein powders are beneficial. They provide your body with protein that the food you eat may not be providing.
The best way to take protein powder is by reading the directions on the container or vessel. It is usually taken with a certain amount of water/milk/soy milk etc. the fluids are calculated depending on the amount of protein powder you take. You can also add your protein powder to smoothies etc. but it is always better to follow the instructions on the container.
Importance of taking Protein Powder-
– To build and repair muscles, building structures, enzymes, antibodies, repair and maintenance, and growth. Without protein synthesis, there would be no cell growth or maintenance. Without cells, there would be no life.
The types of protein are:
Immunoglobulin / Antibodies
and Storage proteins.
Why these supplements are useful-
Fast digesting protein foods are best eaten early in the morning, and post-workout. The BV value of whey protein makes it the perfect protein source at these times.
– A protein shake can be easier on the stomach before bed.
– These diets are generally a more complete and balanced protein source.
– These are often fortified with vitamins and minerals, making them a multi-dimensional protein food.
– These are more convenient and require little to no cleanup.
– Protein powder is much less temperature sensitive and generally require no refrigeration or heating.
– These come is a wide variety of flavours and can take away some of the “blandness” that comes with a high protein diet.
– Certain protein supplements have a higher biological value than real foods.
– Many protein foods can serve as a low-calorie means to satisfy your sweet tooth.
– Weight gainers offer high-calorie foods that are easily broken down and less filling.
– They are cost effective. Some protein foods, such as beef and fish, can be quite costly per 30-gram serving
Featured Image: LIVESTRONG.COM
Source by Praveen Kumar Pandey