Healthy Dieting Tips
Here are some healthy dieting tips to help you lose weight, stay fit, and live longer:
- Drink adequate water. One cup of water for every waking hour during the day would be optimal for healthy weight loss.
- Never eat until you are very full. Rather, you should stop eating when you are satisfied. This way you can ensure that your body is able to fully digest the food that you have consumed, and not end up with any excess leftover to be stored as fat. And equally important; Do not go the other extreme by starving either. Starvation will backfire and only sabotage your diet plan, not to mention that starvation causes your metabolism to slow down, which effectively counteracts the effectiveness of eating less, to begin with.
- Stop eating at least 3 hours before you go to bed at night. Ideally, you should go to bed right at the time that your body has finished digesting all of the food in your stomach, but just before you start to feel hungry again. This way, you can spend the next several hours resting without your body having to process food in your sleep, which since you are not really spending the energy overnight, will end up just being stored as fat.
- Get adequate sleep at night. Studies show that there is a correlation between obesity and lack of sleep. Not only is this because your body feels more stress during the day, which compels you to eat more, but your body needs the time to sleep in order to properly and fully metabolize and shed calories.
- Incorporate at least 5 servings of fruits and/or vegetables into your diet each day. Alternately, you should aim to consume at least 25 grams of fibre if you are a female and 38 grams of fibre if you are a male, each day. It just so happens to be that fruits and vegetables are good sources of fibre, but other foods such as nuts and whole grain foods also contain fibre. Fibre is essential for cleansing your digestive system and assisting in the digestive process. Not only that, but fibre makes you feel full faster, and then has a positive impact on keeping you from overeating.
Just by adopting these five simple healthy dieting tips, you will experience a safer, more satisfying, and sustainable weight loss that will last you for life.
Related Article: Myths, Lies, and Propaganda About Eating and Weight Loss