Once you receive medical clearance and feel that you are in decent shape, see how this ab workout gets those abs toned up. With this ab workout, you can expect to see results after about 10 times. This ab workout was created for the fitness enthusiast who is already in good shape but needs that extra ab workout or more variety.
AFTER A WARM-UP:
USING AN EXERCISE BALL
V-PIKE PRONE AB CRUNCH (3 SETS OF 10)
* LIE FACE DOWN (PRONE) ON THE BALL WITH YOUR HANDS ON THE FLOOR FOR STABILITY
* BEGIN WITH THE BALL POSITIONED AT THE UPPER THIGH WITH YOUR LEGS EXTENDED
* SLOWLY ROLL THE BALL UNDER YOUR BODY WITH HIPS MOVING UPWARD BRINGING FEET CLOSER TO ARMS
* KEEP LEGS STRAIGHT. ONCE IN AV POSITION, PAUSE AND SLOWLY ROLLBACK TO PRONE
USING AB STRAPS
HANGING LEG RAISES (3 SETS OF 15)
* HANG FROM STRAPS WITH UPPER ARM PARALLEL TO THE GROUND. LEGS ARE EXTENDED.
* BEGIN BY LIFTING KNEES UP TO CHEST, PAUSE AND SLOWLY RETURN TO EXTENSION
* DO NOT SWING. LOWER YOUR LEGS SLOWLY, WITH CONTROL
* THIS EXERCISE CAN ALSO BE DONE WITH A TWIST AS YOU RAISE YOUR LEGS TO WORK THE OBLIQUES
WORKING THE OBLIQUES
SIDE-LYING LEG LIFTS ON FLOOR (3 SETS OF 15 ON EACH SIDE)
* START ON THE FLOOR, ON YOUR SIDE; PROP YOURSELF UP ON YOUR ELBOW. KEEP OPPOSITE HAND ON THE FLOOR BEHIND YOU FOR BALANCE.
* WITH LEGS EXTENDED, LIFT BOTH UPPER AND LOWER BODY AT THE SAME TIME, CREATING A SIDE LYING V. LOWER YOUR BODY SLOWLY.
* REPEAT ON THE OTHER SIDE
After this ab workout, it is a good idea to stretch the low back with a simple knee to chest stretch. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds. It is also a good idea to train your abs last in your workout. To minimize the risk of injury always perform this ab workout at the very end of your exercise session.