Trimming and shaping your waist and stomach may be one of the most rewarding things in the World. Having tried exercise after exercise, I know how great it feels to finally accomplish a long-term goal with exercises for the waist and stomach.
You heard that right: long term. Most people think that in a month they’ll look like models, but it does not happen like that, getting the body you want is also about persistence, commitment and patience.
So, what are the top two factors that’ll give you a nice chiselled mid-section? Nutrition and exercises (both stomach workouts and cardio). If you’re not willing to work on both, you will not get the results you want. As plain and simple as that. So I will assume that you’ll eat right and cut to the exercises for the waist and the stomach.
1. Cardio. This must be the most important type of exercises you’ll need to look slim. I recommend doing cardio in the morning as a habit. Besides lowering your fat levels, it will make you feel great.
2. The Bicycle Exercises. I once read that this was the most effective ab exercises according to scientific studies. It must be! I’ve been including this exercise on my routines and it has given me great results.
To do it follow these instructions:
– Lie on the floor with your lower back pressed on the ground.
– Put your hands behind your ears. Bring up your knees at a 45-degree angle.
– Do a pedalling movement touching your elbow with the opposite knee. Keep your breathing checked.
3. The Plank. This exercise is a top exercise to work the core section of the abs, the muscles that are deep in your stomach area. They are very important muscles, as they give strength to your body for athletic activities. Doing the plank daily will reduce your belly.
To do it:
– Lie face down in a push-up position but resting on the elbows instead of hands .. Stay right there.
– Keep the position: staying on your elbows and fingertips.
– Hold for a minute. Repeat 4 times.
These exercises will give you a serious boost in strength on your stomach, they will work your waist and stomach, but remember to do them regularly (allowing the muscles to rest from time to time). If you keep it real and take it as a long-term goal, you’ll start seeing results. Of course, these are not all the exercises you can do but it is a great kickstart.