It is important for your health that you have a healthy sex life. Sex is one of the greatest gifts that God has bestowed upon a husband and wife. You should embrace this gift and allow the outpouring of love that comes from a truly healthy sexual relationship.
I believe women should have sex every day. It has so many health benefits including weight management, stress reduction, muscle strengthening, and cardiovascular stimulation. Unfortunately, many women say they are too busy for sex or that they just don’t enjoy sex. The longer they abstain the less they think about it, and before long that loving relationship is gone. Before you lose out on the benefits of healthy sex, I wanted to point out all the wonderful things that sex is and what it is not.
1. Sex should be a magical energy that is controlled by both participants, not some force of nature that has no boundaries.
2. Sex should be a choice between two adults; it should never be an obligation. Try to avoid treating sex like one of your household chores. If necessary, allocate those other chores to others, hire a maid, grab some takeout, but don’t leave sexual fulfilment in the hands of others.
3. Sex should be a natural drive that you possess; it should not be an obsession or an addiction. If you feel like your sex life has taken the latter course, and are concerned that it is impeding your intimate relationship with your partner, consult a therapist.
4. Sex should be an expression of love. Your lovemaking should be just that, an exchange of physical stimulation and satisfaction between you and your partner. It should never be a condition for affection, as it is the only way your lover will kiss or caress you, it should never be devoid of love.
5. Sex should be private but it shouldn’t have to be secretive. When sex is kept a secret it usually means the relationship is going nowhere. Either the participants are under age, married or in a professional position that may be compromised by the relationship. None of these situations makes for a good healthy sexual relationship.
6. Sex should be empowering. After a sexual romp, you should feel beautiful, not battered and abused by an inconsiderate lover. You should never feel as if someone has power over you during sex.
7. Sex heightens your self-esteem. Sex should be all about making you and your partner feel wonderful.