Your bridal party-these are the people you can not do without. They help with the planning, organizing rehearsals, run errands, and do all things they can to make the event less stressful for you. They even put up with your bridezilla moments!
Fun Options for Bridal Party Wear
1. Keeping up with the theme
If your wedding has a theme, it would be ideal for your party to wear attire that would complete your wedding theme. For example, if your wedding celebration has a Hawaiian motif, the women in the bridal party can don bright and vibrant floral dresses while the men can wear fun hibiscus printed polo shirts and kaftan pants.
Now if you are going for a fairytale fantasy-wedding theme, flower girls can dress up as little fairies with wings, bridesmaids can go as beautiful maidens, and the groomsmen can come as dashing princes.
2. Shirts with funny texts
Ideal to wear during wedding rehearsals, meetings, dinner preparations, and so on, these shirts with funny texts would certainly be a hit amongst your party. These shirts will have their designations printed on them with a slight comical twist to it. Some ideas for these kinds of shirts include:
“Maid of Honor: Bridezilla in the Making”
“Best Man (in the Whole World!)”
“Best Man (Short for Just the Next Best Man to the Groom!)”
3. Fun and exciting colors
Gone were the days when the bridal party could only wear pastel shades and traditional wedding colors. Nowadays, bright, bold and fun colors like red, orange, fuchsia, hot pink, purple, and yellow can add to the fun of the whole wedding event. Just be sure to coordinate the color of the bridal party to the motif of your wedding.
Tips on How to Choose Wedding Wear for the Bridal Party
- Gather the bridal party for a meeting – Talk to the bridal party and ask them for any ideas regarding what they would want to wear for your big day. Pitch in some ideas as well and come up with a unified decision. It would even be a good idea if the bridal party can coordinate to shop together at the same time.
- Pick practical and reusable outfits – You are going to spend money on these dresses so unless you are having a theme wedding, it would be a practical idea to give your bridal party attire that they can wear again for other occasions.
- Make sure the dress fits – There is nothing worse than squeezing into a dress or tux that does not fit. Do not turn the shopping activity into a guessing game; make sure each of the members of the bridal party is able to fit their own attire before you purchase them.
- Do not forget the accessories – Accessories are an important part of the wedding wear especially with the ladies so do not forget about this item! If the bridesmaids do not want to wear matching outfits, respect their decision. However, you may ask them to wear matching accessories that you can also give to them as a gift.
Your wedding is as every bit as special not only because you are marrying the love of your life but also because you are celebrating it with the people closest to you. Choose fun and elegant wedding wear for your party so they can feel special they are to you.
Featured Image: InStyle