Cheesecakes are not exactly known for being healthy snacks. Sugar, cream cheese, and whip cream are three of the main ingredients, not exactly healthy in their own regard. But here are two recipes for cheesecakes that will not completely ruin that new diet your on. The first two are tasty, with the flavor coming from tea. The third recipe is a standard low-fat cheesecake. All three are healthier than your usual cheesecake. This was made for those who are looking for a dessert but are constrained because of diets and other health reasons. We hope you enjoy the cheesecakes, and you are free to share the recipes with your friends and families.
Chai Tea Latte Cheesecake
6 Chai Spice tea bags for the flavor of the cheesecake.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 8 oz container of fat-free cream cheese softened
1 6 oz or 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
The first step, you’ll want to put the six Chai Spice tea bags in a cup with 1/2 cup boiling water. Let it steep for a whole 5 minutes. Then in a large bowl, combine the concentration of Chai tea, cream cheese, and sugar. Next beat well with an electric mixer. Add your eggs and mix again until blended smooth. Pour the final mix into the crisis and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours or overnight.
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon green tea powder
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 (9 inches) prepared graham cracker pie crust
* 2 (8 ounces) containers fat-free cream cheese, softened
First, Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Second, In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until completely blended and smooth. Next, mix in the green tea powder, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and creamy. After it is mixed well, pour the contents into the prepared crust.
Third, bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. A good way to know if the cheesecake is ready is that the center will jiggle evenly when the cake is shaken lightly. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Not a tea fan? Here’s a recipe for a standard low-fat cheesecake.
* 1 (16 ounces) package cottage cheese
* 2 egg yolks, beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
* 1/2 cup boiling water
* 1/8 cup lemon juice
* 2 egg whites
* 1 (9 inches) prepared graham cracker crust
1. Force cottage cheese through a sieve, or pulse until creamy in a food processor or blender; set
2. In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, milk, sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened; remove from heat. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir into the custard mixture. Stir in creamed cheese and lemon juice.
3. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into cheese mixture. Pour filling into graham cracker crust. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator before serving.
And there you have it. 3 recipes that are sure to solve your cheesecake cravings, without as many negatives as most desserts. Serve them at a party, a club, or just cook one up your self at home. We’re sure you going to enjoy them.
Featured Image: Epicurious