Today, people are getting more and more scared of growing old; much less grow old gracefully. That’s why everyone is determined to look better and younger. Fueled by this desire, people are looking at celebrities as their icons; forever copying their styles and their dazzling smiles. At most, people think that a full set of shiny white teeth defines success today. Thanks to our cosmetic dentist, a Kylie Minogue or George Cooley smile is just a stone’s throw away.
But pushing up one’s popularity meter does not only depend on what the cosmetic dentist can do. More than anything else, it depends on how you pamper your teeth and mouth. If you are one of those who worked in the teeth enhancement bandwagon, here are a few rules for you to consider to get that perfect smile.
1. Keep your teeth strong. Since you were a kid, you probably keep your mother telling you to brush your teeth. It may seem a difficult task at that time, but as you grow old, you’ll gradually learn the importance of good, healthy teeth. So, do not turn a deaf ear to what your mother tells you. Brush at least twice a day and visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth blemish free.
2. Keep alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine consumption in moderation. They leave stain on your teeth and wear away the tooth enamel. This makes teeth more vulnerable to bacteria and cavities.
3. Watch what you eat. Your toothbrush is not the only weapon available to help you protect your teeth; what you eat helps too. A well-balanced diet provides the necessary nutrients needed by the teeth and gums to stay healthy. A diet full of calcium promotes healthy teeth. Good sources of calcium are rice beverages, green leafy vegetables, and low-fat dairy products. Vitamin D is also important to help the body absorb calcium. Sources of Vitamin D are fatty fish, milk, and rice beverages.
4. Teeth whitening. This is one technique that helps gleam up your teeth. But remember not to overdo it. When done correctly, achieving the perfect smile you dream of is conveniently easy.
5. Using braces at an early age will help straighten uneven teeth structures. Also, consulting your cosmetic dentist for the right smile enhancement procedure apt for your teeth will certainly help you get the smile you desire.
Getting that megawatt smile is no longer confined to the rich and famous today. With new dental technologies and experienced cosmetic dentist, you get more and more chance of getting a new smile safely and effectively. What’s more, they come in competitive prices, so no need to worry of going over your budget.