We often look for foods that will provide us with the apt nutritional values required for the healthy growth and resistance of body from diseases. Instead of complicating this list with many different substances, we can maintain a selection of few of the best 9 superfoods, which are high in their nutritional content compared to most of the other varieties of food. These are:
- Apple: As the old saying sums up very very seriously, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Apple enterprises of many essential ingredients such as antioxidants, fibre, Vitamin C and potassium. These help the body to grow resistance against cancer, heart diseases, high blood pressure, as well as type-2 diabetes. Asthma and respiratory diseases can also be preceded with the help of apples, as these strengthened the immune system.
- Avocado: Avocado can be taken with your normal diet in order to absorb the nutrients provided by them efficiently. They have monosaturated fats, which help the body to break down fat-soluble portions of the food that we eat. Moreover, take of avocado is known to reduce hunger, thereby keeping your weight under control.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate has the quality of lower blood pressure and providing anti-inflammatory effects. It consists of polyphenols, which have a soothing effect on the body. These constituents are however not present in milk chocolate.Researchers which were published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition have proved that cocoa has produced similar kind of blood flow in the body as a low dose of aspirin. Here, dark chocolate can also cure a minor headache and pains.
- Olive Oil: A very important ingredient of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil is considered to be by far the best among cooking oils. It helps to maintain the health of the cardiovascular system. It is also known to reduce the occurrence of breast and colon cancer. Extra virgin olive oil is derived from cold pressed olives. Its green colour is known to work well with polyphenols and can be taken for better results.
- Garlic: It is very effective against high blood pressure and LDL or bad cholesterol. It strengthens the cardiovascular system and also serves as an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. The best form of garlic to be had is fresh, about one clove in a week.
- Honey: Honey has an exceptional quality of lowering blood pressure as well as reducing the cholesterol levels in your body. It is much superior to other sweeteners in providing you with energy. Darker honey is better and much richer. Having two teaspoons many times in a week should suffice.
- Kiwi: They are rich in Vitamin C and E. These are helpful in controlling asthma, osteoarthritis and many kinds of cancers.
- Onion: Its properties are similar to garlic. They are helpful in strengthening the heart.
- Pomegranate: This is a potassium-rich fruit, which helps in lowering your blood pressure and reducing the risk of prostate cancer and atherosclerosis.
Note: You’re free to republish this article in any way you want, as long as kept in its entity. No changes and all links intact.