We are now half way through January. Are your 2011 New Year Resolutions to keep fit & healthy already starting to wear off? Read the tips below for some motivation to help you through the January blues.
* Find a fitness goal- that you’re excited and motivated by. It has to be your goal and not something that someone else wants you to achieve.
* Change your exercise routine periodically, because your body becomes accustomed to the demands you place on it.
* Add weight training to your exercise routine at least twice a week, it’s a great way to tighten, tone and sculpt helping keep your body fat low.
* Make use of a mirror while you work out, this will ensure you have a good technique and that all your exercises are effective.
* Using a good heart rate monitor will help you to train at the appropriate intensity to get the best out of your workout.
* Having a higher metabolism means that your body will burn more calories at rest. Weight training is one of the most effective exercises for boosting the metabolic rate.
* Grab a friend to join you in your exercise -Having a social aspect to exercising can boost your commitment to the exercise habit.
* Create a ritual – Your workout routine should become so ingrained that it becomes a ritual. This means that the time of day, place or cue automatically starts you towards grabbing your bag and heading out. If your workout times are completely random, it will be harder to benefit from the momentum of a ritual.
Remember focusing on small goals will give you a regular sense of achievement which will help you achieve your long term goal.