French toast was one of my favorite breakfast foods when I was little. Dieting can be hard, especially when you can not enjoy many of the foods that you love. Here is a twist on the traditional french toast recipe, that once used to be high in fat. With just a few configurations you can turn french toast into a healthy food. I make this for my husband and he can not even tell that this is a low-fat version. It’s also been tested on Marines in my house and they loved it. So share it with your family and turn breakfast into a healthy meal.
– 1 large egg
– 2 egg whites
– 1 cup skim milk (or 1%)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 loaf of white bread
You can add any other spices or modify the ones that are given to meet your taste.
1) Beat the egg and egg whites together in a bowl.
2) Add the skim milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon to eggs and mix well.
3) Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
4) Dip bread into batter and place in frying pan. How long you keep the bread in the batter will determine how much bread you will use when making french toast.
Quickly dipping the bread in the batter will help prevent the bread from falling apart when trying to cook them.
You can top the french toast with powdered sugar, syrup, or jelly.
Featured Image: The Incredible Egg